2789Re: :split and scrolling doesn't work?

  • Daryl Basil Biberdorf
    Oct 12, 2004
      What is the best way to get the output of :verbose set scrollbind
      with gvim under OS X?

      My problem: I added set noscrollbind to .vimrc. It works under vim
      when used in a terminal window. But when using gvim, it has no
      effect at all. I added set noscrollbind to .gvimrc as well, which
      seems redundant, but to no effect as well. Other settings in .gvimrc
      and ,vimrc are getting picked up, so my scrollbind setting must be
      getting overridden somewhere. Yes, this is just maddening. Even
      more frustrating is that I'm still figuring OS X out. If this were
      Linux, I'd already have it done. :)

      On another note, this list has been generating a lot of spam for me
      in the last couple of days, mostly in the form of messages saying the
      originate from people on the list (Bram in particular).

      Basil
      On Oct 10, 2004, at 6:56 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Daryl Basil Biberdorf wrote:
      >
      >> Setting noscrollbind did the trick. Not sure how/why scrollbind
      >> is set. I wasn't aware of the setting. Thanks for the help!
      >> On Oct 9, 2004, at 5:18 PM, Stephen Riehm wrote:
      >
      > Try:
      >
      > :verbose set scrollbind?
      >
      > 'scrollbind' is default off, it must have been set somewhere.
      >
      > --
      > 108. While reading a magazine, you look for the Zoom icon for a better
      > look at a photograph.
      >
      > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net
      > \\\
      > /// Sponsor Vim, vote for features --
      > http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
      > \\\ Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org
      > ///
      > \\\ Buy at Amazon and help AIDS victims --
      > http://ICCF.nl/click1.html ///

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic