1722Re: Home / End keys on iBook

    Mar 18, 2004
      > On 18 Mar 2004, at 20:22, Nickolay Kolev wrote:
      >
      > >I have happily been using VIM ... on my iBook (G4 800, German
      > >keyboard) ... but I really miss the ability to go to start/end of line
      > >with the home and end keys when in insert mode (doing it in command
      > >mode would be useful too). What key combination is needed to send the
      > >appropriate commands?

      This works for me in the GUI (Vim.app) but not in the terminal, so
      I assume you are talking about the latter.

      > Do you even have home and end keys on your iBook? I've got a powerbook
      > and there just aren't enough keys on the keyboard for that sort of
      > thing.
      [snip]

      I have a PowerBook too, and I get the <Home> and <End> keys by
      holding down <fn> (extreme lower left of the keyboard) and pressing
      <Left> or <Right>.

      I tried just deleting the "end" and "home" lines from the Window
      Inspector, but that did not help. My daughter is using the Mac now, so
      I cannot experiment further. You might try mapping <End> to <C-O>$ and
      <Home> to <C-O>^ .

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic