159Re: Practical development of Mac vim

  • Ben Fowler
    Feb 2, 2001
      >Santa Claus comes from the North Pole, it's Saint Niklas who comes from Turkey
      >(although many people in Holland think he's from Spain, but I've seen his
      >place in Turkey).

      I accept correction on that (English children are nowadays taught
      that Father Christmas lives in Lapland (because of the reindeer)).
      You are right about Saint Niklas. That would be Myra.

      < URL:http://www.religioustolerance.org/santa.htm >
      < URL:http://www.kuuf.org/Sermons/real%20truth%20about%20Santa%20Claus.htm >

      Of course in Holland there is Sinte Klass, whose legend is slightly

      > > 4. I have copied the vim 6.0t sources into my Mac tree, and the
      > > project compiles, IIRC, without a hitch; but it does not run smoothly
      > > because it appears not to grok the explorer.vim plugin, but the
      > > error messages (basically that a backslash was found where it was not
      > > allowed does not appear to be Mac specific.
      >The explorer might encounter a few problems, but it does work on Unix and
      >Windows. Making it work on the Mac may require some effort. Especially for
      >the file name handling. Please communicate with the explorer.vim maintainer
      >about this.

      Yes it works on linux (i386) but not on the Mac, perhaps it is a line
      endings issue.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic