1441Re: Mac-VIM doesn't cooperate with Finder

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Feb 7 4:16 AM
      Eckehard Berns wrote:

      > > >The .vimrc is sourced before the GUI window is opened (because it may
      > > >specify how it is to be opened). Errors that occur here should be
      > > >reported in a separate popup window, unless there is a terminal where
      > > >they can be seen. There already is code to collect the messages and
      > > >show them in a popup window (for Win32).
      > >
      > > I will have a look at that and see if I can adopt this for Mac OS X also.
      >
      > This feature has already been implemented for the Mac GUI, it just broke
      > for Mac OS X when borrowing more code from the Unix ports, I think. I
      > have a patch here which should detect the GUI version a bit better
      > (isatty(2) returned true even if Vim was started from Finder).

      That is strange. Smells like a bug in isatty().

      > It took a bit of a search for the functions that would report values
      > the Mac GUI version wouldn't want to receive and I don't know if got
      > them all with these changes. What I tested worked fine for the GUI and
      > the terminal version.

      I wonder, after this change and starting gvim from a terminal window, do
      you also get the messages in a popup window? I would rather see them in
      the terminal in this situation. But this would require reliably
      detecting being started from a terminal, that might be difficult if
      isatty() doesn't work.

      68. Your cat always puts viruses on your dogs homepage