1439Re: Mac-VIM doesn't cooperate with Finder

    Feb 6, 2004
      On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 02:59:04PM -0500, Alfred von Campe wrote:
      > On Feb 5, 2004, at 14:26, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >
      > > If we document it, it becomes a feature, right? ;)
      >
      > Well, I wasn't trying to be facetious. Why does this behavior exist in
      > the first place? When does the "Hit Enter" behavior actually serve a
      > useful purpose? Instead of a patch that has undesired side effects,
      > why doesn't the offending piece of code get completely removed from the
      > source tree? Or at least enclosed in a "#ifndef MACOSX" section?

      I think the "Hit Enter" prompt is supposed to show up when there is
      a message on the command line that you might want to read before
      continuing. For example, try

      :!ls

      in a directory where this will take more than a line or two. The prompt
      is appropriate here.

      I think the other responses on this thread answer the other
      question better than I could. Executive summary: it is not that simple

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic