14207Why MacVim still uses ruby 1.8.7 instead of ruby 2.0.0?

  • Bert Chang
    Aug 1, 2014
      System ruby on Mavericks has been ruby 2.0.0.
      But when I execute the following command in vim:

      :ruby puts RUBY_VERSION

      it gives me 1.8.7

      I'm wondering why MacVim doesn't link to ruby 2.0.0?

      Also, I'm wonder how can I build macvim with rbenv's ruby? I use homebrew to install macvim, and I don't see an option to configure this.

      Thanks.