14188linking gvim on the mac

  • Charles Campbell
    May 29, 2014
      Hello!

      I'm able to compile vim on the mac -- but not gvim.

      I suspect its due to missing libraries. As is, when I try vim -g

      E25: GUI cannot be used; Not enabled at compile time

      * how can I know what libraries I need to get onto the mac to get a
      gvim? I need to know ahead of time because I don't have admin
      privileges on the machine, and so need to tell the admin what to do.
      * if its not simply libraries, what configuration do I need? To start
      with, I've been trying configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=yes

      When I compile this way, I get an error message:

      ./os_mac.h:31:11: fatal error: 'Quickdraw.h' file not found

      Hope you can help,
      Chip Campbell