14181read file from ftp server [was Re: "cannot write..."]

  • peiman khosravi
    Apr 27 4:49 AM
      Apologies for the double postings. I think I have narrowed down the problem.

      Using 'Snapshot 73' on mavericks (not the previous release) I get this strange behaviour when opening a html file from a server (":e! ftp://something.co.uk/"):

      Two buffers open (in a split window), one is blank and has the name of the actual file I've opened, and another has the content of the file I've opened but a different name/path (in /private/var/folder/...).

      I then close the latter buffer and reload the file. Now it works as expected: the files name and content appear in one buffer.

      Seems like a bug to me, unless I've accidentally enabled some option I don't know about.

      Many thanks in advance.

      Best,
      Peiman