14120is there a way of getting macvim as the default terminal Vim?

  • Federico Calboli
    Feb 6 4:21 AM
      Hi All,

      I want the Vim version shipped with MacVim to be the new default in terminal (as opposed to the Apple standard version). My understanding is that doing something like

      sudo mv /usr/bin/vim /usr/bin/vim-apple
      sudo ln -s /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim /usr/bin/vim

      is not encouraged -- though I might well be wrong.

      In any case, when I type 'vim' in a terminal I want /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim this, not the Apple one. How do I do that?

      BW