14111Highlight non ascii characters

  • Peter Nguyen
    Jan 24, 2014
      Hi,

      I have a twig (PHP HTML template) file with several non ascii characters at different places. I can do a search with:

      /[\x7f-\xff]/

      and it will match them. But when I try to add these commands to my .vimrc file for highlighting them, it does not work:

      " Find non ASCII chars and highlight them
      syn match nonascii "[\x7f-\xff]"
      hi nonascii guibg=Red ctermbg=2

      Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?