14098issue with executing command silently

  • peiman khosravi
    Jan 2, 2014
      Hello,

      Running this command works as expected:

      :silent !open -a safari /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/Resources/Manual/<cfile>.html

      But when I assign the same command to a key the 'silent' bit seems to be ignored and I get "Press ENTER or…". (See attached screenshot.)

      Is this normal? And how to avoid it?

      I've defined the key command in the folder ~/.vim/macros and it reads:

      map ∂ :silent! !open -a safari /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/Resources/Manual/<cfile>.html<CR>

      Thanks
      Peiman Inline images 1