14074Re: how to copy into system clipboard

  • Colin Su
    Nov 17, 2013
      if someone want to access system clipboard without compiling VIM, you could try the plugin we wrote.

      --
      {
          greeting"Have a nice day!",

      On Monday, November 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Li Xue wrote:

      On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:35:05 PM UTC+1, Carl Jacobsen wrote:
      Indeed, the system vim has no clipboard support/access, and copying
      with Cmd-C sometimes has trouble with line boundaries and certainly
      can't deal with more than a screenful, so:

      - Install and use the full GUI MacVim (it really is very nice), or,

      - Install MacVim, then run "/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim"
      instead of "vim"; this will bring most of MacVim's goodness (including
      clipboard access and more colors for syntax highlighting) to terminal
      windows, or,

      - write your selected text to the command "!pbcopy", which will put it
      on the system clipboard (I've used This often when I find that I've
      started something in the OS-supplied vim that I want to move over to
      MacVim).

      In the latter two cases, you can write shell commands or vim scripts
      to make the change nearly transparent.

      Many thanks, Carl. It is very helpful!