13976Re: Speeding up cold startup

  • Phil Dobbin
    Oct 15, 2013
      On 15/10/2013 06:46, Kevin Burke wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Are there any tricks I can use to speed up Macvim's cold startup? It takes maybe a second to load on my machine, when it's called via the "mvim" executable.
      >
      > The last post I could find about speeding up about Macvim was from 2008 - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/vim_mac/bEC5e4BLb-4/nkMIsfsRygUJ... has any progress been made since then, or are there any outstanding areas that could be sped up?

      My copy of MacVim (snapshot 70) on 10.6.8 takes a full ten seconds to
      launch from cold (so does console Vim too). Even launching console Vim
      with no plugins & no vimrc, it takes three seconds.

      On Linux, Ubuntu 13.04 & SL 6.4 launch instantaneously whereas all the
      rest take between two to three seconds.

      All machines have the same plugins & same vimrc.

      Cheers,

      Phil...

      --
      currently (ab)using
      Arch Linux, CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Spherical