13945Re: How do I full maximise the window (not in full mode) ?

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Sep 30, 2013
      On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:18:42 PM UTC+2, jonas_jonas wrote:
      > Hi,
      >

      > > The screenshot is here:
      >
      > > http://snag.gy/gRu2C.jpg
      >

      > > We can clearly see that there exists some space between the bottom line of MacVim and the screen.
      >

      > > How can I eliminate that extra useless space?
      >

      > It depends on font-size and line-height.
      >

      > If the screen-height minus menu-height minus window-border minus
      >
      > tabbar-height is not dividable by your line-height, I guess you wont be
      >
      > able to get rid of this space.
      >

      > Best
      >

      > Frank

      Yes; this is not limited to MacVim: every gvim version (for any OS) does the same. The Vim GUI will not allow 'lines' (the number of lines of text displayed) or 'columns' (the number of characters per line) (in both cases across all split windows) to exceed what can be displayed on your screen. This means that there may be a few pixels (a partial line) below the Vim screen and a few pixels right of it (a partial column) that gvim (or macvim) won't use.

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      God made the integers; all else is the work of Man.
      -- Kronecker