13888Re: MacVim forces last pattern search using vim flags

  • anilg
    Aug 19, 2013
      On Friday, 26 July 2013 05:52:01 UTC+10, björn wrote:
      > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM, anilg wrote:
      > > $ ps aux | grep vim
      > > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim -psn_0_3105526
      > > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g -f +/ -o test.txt
      > > See the plus slash "+/" and the option "-o"? That's the culprits right there!
      > > Last pattern search is unwanted and unlikely to match.
      > WHERE can I edit the flags that MacVim uses to call vim.

      > The "-o" is most likely because you've gone into the preferences and set it to open files "with a split for each file".  I thought that was what you wanted?  It does not open in separate windows as you wrote earlier.  You can get rid of the "-o" flag by choosing "and set the arglist" instead.
      > The "+/" should not be there.  I don't know where it is coming from -- are you using the latest snapshot?  If not, try updating.  Also, go through the Troubleshooting guide [1].
      > Björn
      > [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

      Thanks for your advice, Bjorn.
      I've gone through full wiki/Troubleshooting again.
      I removed *everything* including unrelated files and did defaults delete.
      I'm on 7.3. Attempt to update gives "You're up to date!".
      Still the "+/" is there - searching for last pattern when no-one asked it to.
      It appears to come directly from MacVim.app?
      I think I may try to re-install MacVim.

      $ ps -ax | grep vim
      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim -psn_0_426088
      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g -f +/ -p /path/to/file/example.txt