13849Re: Vim 7.4b ready for beta testing

    Jul 29, 2013
      On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Yuma Antoine Decaux wrote:

      Just curious, is mac vim developed with objective c? I would like to know as though i really want a coding environment for my uni progression, none so far are accessible for the blind. You mentioned mac vim 7.4 beta for snow leopard. This is when the OS core transitioned to 64-bit. Can someone confirm the editing area is accessible to voice over users?

      Voice over support is spotty.  If you disable the Core Text renderer in the advanced preferences, then it will read the editing area, but it is not aware of things like splits, the command line, etc, so I'm not sure how useful it is.

      The source code (of which the MacVim part is Objective-C and core Vim is C) is at https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim.