13840Re: segfault reports

    Jul 25 12:59 PM
      On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Chas Emerick wrote:
      I'm working on a plugin that, in certain circumstances, can prompt MacVim to segfault (or otherwise die unexpectedly, SIGABRT, etc).  There appear to be ~3 different "types" of crash logs produced...*maybe* representing different underlying bugs?

      The same (or very similar) failures also occur when using `mvim` within a terminal, but they don't occur when using a terminal-only `vim`.  (The same is true of a non-crashing rendering bug I reported separately here: http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=464) So, I'm reasonably sure that the problem is in MacVim, and not in vim itself.

      I've attached a couple of representative logs.  Björn, if you'd like issues created for these, I'd be happy to do that; I just figured I'd ping the list first in case you'd prefer to triage them e.g. one at a time, as a group, or otherwise.

      What version are you using?  (The first few lines of ":ver" is what I'm after.)

      That it crashes with mvim but not the builtin vim can simply be because the builtin version is most likely old and the bug may be newer than it is, but it is hard to tell.  From the logs you attached I see that the crashes always happen somewhere in the Python interface so that is possibly the culprit, but I can't really tell.

      Do you have a (very) minimal number of steps to reliably reproduce a crash?