13839Re: MacVim forces last pattern search using vim flags

    Jul 25, 2013
      On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM, anilg wrote:
      > $ ps aux | grep vim
      > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/MacVim -psn_0_3105526
      > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g -f +/ -o test.txt
      >
      > See the plus slash "+/" and the option "-o"? That's the culprits right there!
      >
      > Most of the time I'm editing a different file.
      > Last pattern search is unwanted and unlikely to match.
      > When can I edit out these flags?

      In case anyone got the wrong idea; what I meant was:

      WHERE can I edit the flags that MacVim uses to call vim.

      The "-o" is most likely because you've gone into the preferences and set it to open files "with a split for each file".  I thought that was what you wanted?  It does not open in separate windows as you wrote earlier.  You can get rid of the "-o" flag by choosing "and set the arglist" instead.

      The "+/" should not be there.  I don't know where it is coming from -- are you using the latest snapshot?  If not, try updating.  Also, go through the Troubleshooting guide [1].

    »
    «