13812Re: Vim 7.4a ready for beta testing

  • Douglas Drumond
    Jul 8 1:26 PM

      On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      > My current advice is - anybody who can't live with it should disable the Core Text renderer (but the speed of the default renderer may put you off).

      Even on Snow Leopard build there are some glitches here, but nothing that makes MacVim unusable (it's just on resizing). But with Core Renderer enabled it's unusable for Japanese text (Japanese characters are larger, so they pile up, but with CR disabled it does proper spacing). Since I use it for Japanese just once in a while, I left it with CR enabled for day to day programming.

      > As for not being able to enter full screen: I do not have access to a Lion machine to try on.  But to rule out problems with Douglas' build, please try running the binary I built for 10.6.  On second thought - it does not support Lion-native full screen, so that may be somewhat pointless.  Maybe try disabling native full-screen in the prefs and see if that works.

      I didn't have the fullscreen issue, so I couldn't test that.

      --
      Douglas Drumond