13796Re: compiling huge + lua but no lua...

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jun 25, 2013
      On Monday, June 24, 2013 9:00:17 PM UTC+2, Chris Lott wrote:
      > I'm trying to compile MacVim with Lua support on OS X 10.8.4 -- I have
      >
      > grabbed the latest code from: https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim
      >

      > Lua and Cscope are installed, which I understand are necessary
      >

      > But when I compile using the configure:
      >

      > ./configure --with-features=huge --with-lua-prefix=/usr/local/bin/lua
      >
      > --enable-luainterp=dynamic
      >

      > Everything compiles fine, but :version still shows -lua
      >

      > Suggestions?

      > --
      >
      > Chris Lott <chris@...>

      "Dynamic" interpreter interfaces are mostly for Windows. For Unix-like platforms (including Linux and, I suppose, Mac OS X) the "static" interfaces are used. I set the following environment variables when compiling Vim on Linux:

      #!/bin/bash
      export CONF_OPT_GUI='--enable-gnome-check'
      export CONF_OPT_LUA='--enable-luainterp'
      export CONF_OPT_PERL='--enable-perlinterp'
      export CONF_OPT_PYTHON='--enable-pythoninterp'
      export CONF_OPT_TCL='--enable-tclinterp'
      export CONF_OPT_RUBY='--enable-rubyinterp'
      export CONF_OPT_MZSCHEME='--disable-mzschemeinterp'
      export CONF_OPT_CSCOPE='--enable-cscope'
      export CONF_OPT_MULTIBYTE='--enable-multibyte'
      export CONF_OPT_FEAT='--with-features=huge'
      export CONF_OPT_COMPBY='"--with-compiledby=antoine.mechelynck@..."'

      Beware that the above file must be "sourced", not "run", so these environment settings persist when the next bash command (e.g. "make") is run. And of course you will want to change at least the last line (and possibly some other ones too, depending on the compile-time options you prefer).

      See also:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      LARGE MAN: Who's that then?
      CART DRIVER: (Grudgingly) I dunno, Must be a king.