13791Re: make distclean fails to remove src/config.cache

  • gmn
    Jun 23 1:56 PM
      On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 04:13:44PM +0200, björn wrote:
      > OK, I've restored the src/configure script from upstream now.

      Will test forthwith.

      BTW, you don't sound ungrateful :)

      > In this case, if you had kept it to one post which simply said
      > "replace src/configure with the one from upstream" it would have been
      > so much easier for me to fix this.

      I would certainly have done so, but not being a programmer, I didn't
      know that that is in fact the correct solution. For all I knew, there
      may have been a very good reason for there to be two different, meaty
      configure scripts.

      Therefore I tried to provide as much info as seemed relevant for
      helping you to diagnose the problem. I apologize that it was a flood.

      Best,

      -gmn