Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

13787Re: make distclean fails to remove src/config.cache

Expand Messages
  • björn
    Jun 23, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM, <dv1445@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 04:02:59PM +0200, björn wrote:
      >> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM, <dv1445@...> wrote:
      >> > Could it be because MacVim has TWO 'configure' files of substance, while
      >> > BramVim only has one?
      >> >
      >> > In MacVim repo:
      >> > 'configure' is just a tiny wrapper.
      >> > 'src/configure' is "meaty".
      >> > 'src/auto/configure' is even meatier (by ~175KB!!).
      >> >
      >> > In BramVim repo:
      >> > 'configure' is just a tiny wrapper.
      >> > 'src/configure' is a slightly larger wrapper.
      >> > 'src/auto/configure' is meaty, about as meaty as 'src/configure' from
      >> > MacVim.
      >> >
      >> > If, in MacVim, the meaty config script that's governing cachefile
      >> > placement is the one sitting in /src, then that would explain why it's
      >> > dropping config.cache right in /src (look at its line 914, see a
      >> > relative path).
      >> >
      >> > In BramVim, the only meaty config script is in 'src/auto', so the
      >> > corresponding line would dump config.cache in src/auto, right?
      >
      > This particular message below is not me agitating for a patch, but just
      > asking a question so I can learn more about how MacVim works.
      >
      > Why is it that MacVim has two configure scripts of substance,
      > src/configure and src/auto/configure, whereas in BramVim src/configure
      > is just a wrapper that calls src/auto/configure?
      >
      > The git logs tell me that originally MacVim's src/configure WAS just a
      > wrapper, but that it became "meaty" on Oct 18th 2007, where the commit
      > message was "Generated configure script"

      OK, I've restored the src/configure script from upstream now. Thanks
      for figuring this out and pointing it out to me. I made the mistake
      of running "autoconf" instead of "make autoconf" and that is what
      caused the problem in the first place.

      I don't want to sound ungrateful or discouraging, but unfortunately
      your posts are often so long that it makes it hard for me to get the
      point and I often don't have the energy to read all the multiple
      postings to one thread. In this case, if you had kept it to one post
      which simply said "replace src/configure with the one from upstream"
      it would have been so much easier for me to fix this. Instead I
      misunderstood what you were talking about and hence my very delayed
      reaction. My apologies for this.

      Anyway, I hope everything works as it should now and thanks once again.

      Björn

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_mac+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic