13710Any plans to make vim_mac accessible for blind programmers?

  • Yuma Antoine Decaux
    May 29, 2013
      Hi all,

      For those working on the project, i wanted to know where i could start figuring out how to make vimac accessible. Considering it's a coco application, can i assume that some of the interface can be using apple's appkit framework, or any other apple framework for that matter?

      Any pointers to how i can contribute greatly appreciated.

      Best regards,

      Yuma

      "Light has no value without darkness"
      Mob: +61 (0)410732547
      Skype: Shainobi1

      This message is protected by article 4-210 of a certain book of laws but you don't have to worry about privacy issues if you are the intended recipient. However, if any freakish circumstance such as ip sniffing, honey pot open relay servers or an honest mistake caused a transmission error, please advise the sender and throw your laptop into a bubble bath to avoid all illicit data retention.

      On 29/05/2013, at 11:11 PM, François-Pierre Bouchard <fpbouchard@...> wrote:

      I had the same issue with a couple of fonts (Consolas, Source Code Pro) and I got rid of the issue by disabling the Core Text Renderer in the Advanced preferences.

      On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:16:13 PM UTC-4, Kevin Burke wrote:
      Hi,

      I've been investigating a problem with Unicode listchars.

      My .vimrc looks like:

      "" show line endings

      set list

      set listchars=tab:▸\ ,eol:¬

      When I open a file containing many tab characters, Macvim is extremely slow to scroll - holding down "j" yields a key repeat rate of about once per second.

      If I turn off list:

      set nolist

      Or, use a different tab listchar:

      set listchars=tab:+\ ,eol

      Scrolling suddenly becomes very fast.

      Here is information about my version:

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Mar  4 2013 10:46:00)

      MacOS X (unix) version

      Included patches: 1-754

      Compiled by kevin@...

      Huge version with MacVim GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):

      +arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +conceal +cryptv -cscope +cursorbind +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs +dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval

      +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +float +folding -footer +fork() +fullscreen -gettext -hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap -lua +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse

      +mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm +mouse_sgr -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_urxvt +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme +netbeans_intg +odbeditor +path_extra +perl +persistent_undo +postscript +printer +profile +python -python3 +quickfix

      +reltime +rightleft +ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +startuptime +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white +tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar +transparency +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit

      +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup -X11 -xfontset +xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save

        system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"

          user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"

           user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"

       system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"

         user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"

       fall-back for $VIM: "/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim"

      Compilation: clang -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MACVIM -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pipe  -DMACOS_X_UNIX -no-cpp-precomp  -g -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1     -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers  -D_REENTRANT=1  -D_THREAD_SAFE=1  -D

      _DARWIN_C_SOURCE=1

      Linking: clang   -L.   -L.        -L/usr/local/lib -o Vim -framework Cocoa -framework Carbon      -lncurses -liconv -framework Cocoa    -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib  -L/System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE -lperl -lm -lutil -lc -framework Python

       -F/System/Library/Frameworks -framework Tcl -framework CoreFoundation -framework Ruby

      I am running on Mountain Lion. Let me know if I can do anything to help debug this issue further.