13694Re: 7.3.967 fails on Tiger PPC due to Python problem

  • dv1445@...
    May 22 8:53 PM
      Phil Dobbin, on 05/23/13 at 01:50:52 +0100, wrote:
      > On 19/05/2013 06:52, dv1445@... wrote:
      >
      > > dv1445@..., on 05/19/13 at 01:11:47 -0400, wrote:
      > >> MacVim failed to build on OS X 10.4.11 (PPC) after pulling to 7.3.967.
      > >> Everything as of the 7.3.806 pull from February was just fine. Seems
      > >> the recent fiddling with Python in BramLand has messed things up for
      > >> poor Tiger.
      > >
      > > I forgot to mention that on Tiger PPC, BramVim 7.3.967 (and indeed 7.3.969) built fine. Just a point of comparison.
      >
      > I apologise for not being to help with your dilemma but I've just
      > acquired a couple of legacy G4 PowerMacs running 10.4.11 & if there is a
      > link to a tarball of 7.3.806 available, I would greatly appreciate
      > having it. Snapshot 55's Python is unable to cope with a lot of my plugins.

      The best I can do is to point you towards a zipped archive of the source code for 7.3.806, which comes from Björn's repo: https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/archive/1ba220ad3da69e3607a7e36b97c66e43bca68790.zip.

      I discovered (reported in an earlier post) that it's patch 7.3.965 that introduces what the build process's error messages claim to be the offending lines. It seems really weird that BramVim would build without problem while MacVim would choke.

      -gmn