13689Re: introduction + first question that will set the tone for me

  • Steven Michalske
    May 22, 2013
      It's a big company and I have to meet them in the cafe.  This might take a bit of time, sorry.

      On May 22, 2013, at 2:23 AM, Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamyad7@...> wrote:

      Hi Steven,

      I was wondering if you were able to speak to your blind colleagues about their coding environment.

      Best regards,

      Yuma

      <zato1.jpg>

      "Light has no value without darkness"
      Mob: +61 (0)410732547
      Skype: Shainobi1

      This message is protected by article 4-210 of a certain book of laws but you don't have to worry about privacy issues if you are the intended recipient. However, if any freakish circumstance such as ip sniffing, honey pot open relay servers or an honest mistake caused a transmission error, please advise the sender and throw your laptop into a bubble bath to avoid all illicit data retention.

      On 20/05/2013, at 4:57 AM, Steven Michalske <smichalske@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I have blind co-workers that program.  I will make an effort to ask them their preferred coding environment.

      Steve

      On May 18, 2013, at 11:59 PM, Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamyad7@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      As per the subject, i have a simple question, before i go on and try to work VIM out. Is this potentially accessible to blind users?

      I've been more and more nudged towards using command line only at UNI as all GUI oriented applications are either horribly slow or unusable with a screen reader, and htough i love the simplicity and responsiveness of the command line, i need something a bit more powerful for editing python scripts and other stuff i;m currently learning.

      Any other blind VIM users out therre can give me a primer?

      Thanks, and best regards