13688Re: Can we have a File Drawer, please?

  • Pete Schaffner
    May 22, 2013
      > I have for a long time wanted to split MacVim into a view framework
      >
      > and an actual app. This way I could maintain MacVim as a "pure" gvim
      >
      > for Mac and anybody wishing to trick it out with drawers etc could
      >
      > simply reuse the view framework. I even started working on this last
      >
      > summer but got bitten by the "version 2.0 bug" (tried rewriting from
      >
      > scratch and ran out of time/energy).

      Hi Björn,

      Concerning your desire to refactor and create a view framework ... have you ever considered trying to get crowd funding/support to help with the time/energy problem :) Marijn Haverbeke did just this for his [Tern project] (http://ternjs.net) and it seems to be working out quite well! I would love to see this happen, that is the only reason I am inquiring.

      Thanks for all your work on MacVim,

      -Pete