13684Re: using % inside quotes (" ") - e.g. ':call ScreenShellSend("echo %:p")'

  • Tony Mechelynck
    May 20, 2013
      On May 19, 3:49 pm, peiman khosravi <peimankhosr...@...> wrote:
      > Dear all,
      >
      > I am trying to run this command:
      >
      > :call ScreenShellSend("echo %:p")
      >
      > Where %:p should be replaced by the current file path. For obvious reasons
      > this doesn't work so I get 'echo %:p' in the terminal instead. Is there a
      > workaround for this?
      >
      > Many thanks in advance
      > Peiman
      In addition to what you found, the following (without backticks) will
      also work:

      :call ScreenShellSend('echo ' . expand('%:p'))

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      "I've seen, I SAY, I've seen better heads on a mug of beer"
      -- Senator Claghorn