13677Re: introduction + first question that will set the tone for me

  • Yuma Antoine Decaux
    May 19, 2013
      Actually, it was mac oriented as i use a mac for vim.

      Just installed it and there's a window with a scroll bar. Nothing else. so the question is answered. hopefully the command line only version is more accomodating....

      Best regards,

      Yuma

      "Light has no value without darkness"
      Mob: +61 (0)410732547
      Skype: Shainobi1

      This message is protected by article 4-210 of a certain book of laws but you don't have to worry about privacy issues if you are the intended recipient. However, if any freakish circumstance such as ip sniffing, honey pot open relay servers or an honest mistake caused a transmission error, please advise the sender and throw your laptop into a bubble bath to avoid all illicit data retention.

      On 19/05/2013, at 6:20 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      On May 19, 8:59 am, Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
      Hi all,

      As per the subject, i have a simple question, before i go on and try to work VIM out. Is this potentially accessible to blind users?

      I've been more and more nudged towards using command line only at UNI as all GUI oriented applications are either horribly slow or unusable with a screen reader, and htough i love the simplicity and responsiveness of the command line, i need something a bit more powerful for editing python scripts and other stuff i;m currently learning.

      Any other blind VIM users out therre can give me a primer?

      Thanks, and best regards

      Yuma
      [...]
      I'm not blind myself, but this is a question about Vim in general
      rather than specifically about Vim *on the Mac*. I'm redirecting it to
      the vim_use list where more people would be reading it.