13637Re: Balloon-eval supported or not?

  • Yongwei Wu
    Mar 30, 2013
      On 29 March 2013 04:16, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Yongwei Wu wrote:
      >>
      >> Does MacVim support Balloon-eval now? I found an 2008 post said it did
      >> not support it then, but not much info after. I first tried Snapshot
      >> 66 for Lion, and then I built it myself. Both show +balloon_eval, but
      >> a plugin that depends on it does not work (echofunc, script #1735). I
      >> traced it, and found the balloonexpr is valid--but nothing is shown.
      >
      > Ballon eval has been supported for several years now, so it sounds
      > like a problem with the plugin or your local settings. There is an
      > example under ":h 'bexpr" that lets you see if ballon eval is working
      > as expected:
      >
      > function! MyBalloonExpr()
      > return 'Cursor is at line ' . v:beval_lnum .
      > \', column ' . v:beval_col .
      > \ ' of file ' . bufname(v:beval_bufnr) .
      > \ ' on word "' . v:beval_text . '"'
      > endfunction
      > set bexpr=MyBalloonExpr()
      > set ballooneval
      >
      > Save that to a text file (e.g. "beval.vim") and source it (":so
      > beval.vim") -- this should cause a balloon to pop up showing the word
      > under the cursor. It works as expected for me.
      >
      > Björn

      Hi Björn,

      I had tried this before sending the previous message. Nothing showed up.

      If it works for you, can you see anything wrong in my configuration
      (using Xcode 4.6.1 on OS X 10.7.5)?

      $ clang -v
      Apple LLVM version 4.2 (clang-425.0.27) (based on LLVM 3.2svn)
      Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.2
      Thread model: posix
      $ CC='clang' ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-pythoninterp
      --enable-rubyinterp --enable-perlinterp

      Best regards,

      Yongwei

      --