13635Re: Compiling C programs in MacVim

  • darkweasel
    Mar 28, 2013
      Am 2013-03-28 07:51, schrieb february71:
      > Hello
      >
      > I am new to programming, I have written some c files in MacVim, and have also downloaded iTerm2 but not sure how to compile and run my programs. At the moment I don't want to use Xcode or any other IDE - sort of a course requirement. I assume I will have to download gcc but not sure how to exactly go about it...any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > feb71

      Do you just not want to use Xcode as an IDE, or do you have a problem
      with installing Xcode?

      I installed GCC and LLVM/clang from within Xcode
      (Preferences-Downloads-Command Line Tools), but I don't use it for
      anything else. I believe that this is the preferred way to install these
      compilers on OS X; at least it is the one recommended by MacPorts.

      regards