13611Re: Building against custom Python installs

  • Phil Dobbin
    Feb 28, 2013
      On 28/02/2013 16:30, carljv@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the Build section of the Wiki (or somewhere else similarly official) instructions on how to build MacVim against non-system Python installs. Googling for this finds a lot of discussions, but much of the advice is conflicting, and none of it definitive. I've tried several different suggestions myself without success. It seems many people want to build against Homebrew versions of Python (personally, I'm trying to build against the AnacondaCE distribution; Enthought's EPD might be another candidate).
      >
      > Even if it's not possible to do this--some discussions indicate there's a bug in Python config files--that would still be good to know.

      In the past I've built against non System Pythons by passing this to
      configure:

      '--enable-pythoninterp --with-python-config-dir=/usr/lib/python2.7/config'

      replacing the above python-config-dir with the one relevant to your
      build. Just remember to leave off the trailing slash on the end of 'config'

      Cheers,

      Phil...