13598Re: using cmd -t to open file in a new tab

  • Jang-hwan Kim
    Feb 22, 2013
      On Friday, February 22, 2013 7:48:31 AM UTC+9, Hyrum Tanner wrote:
      > Anyone know a way to have a match found with cmd -t open in a new tab instead of clobbering the file already opened in the tab?

      Do you mean mapping the `CTRL-W_gf` (Open a new tab page and edit the file name under the cursor) to CMD-t, replacing the original "New-Tab" action MacVim provides?

      By reading help in `:macmenu`, I see that you can do this by adding the following lines to your rc file:

      " disable current mapping - opening a new tab
      macmenu File.New\ Tab key=<nop>
      " nmap to open file under cursor
      nmap <D-t> <C-W>gf