13490Re: Is it normal for a Vim to be started when I start MacVim?

  • dv1445@wayne.edu
    Nov 16, 2012
      björn wrote on 11/16/12 at 16:09:40 +0100:
      > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
      > >
      > > That's my question.
      >
      > It is very difficult to provide an intelligent answer if you don't
      > explain your problem a bit more. All I can say now is that MacVim
      > *is* Vim so yes, it is normal for Vim to start when you start MacVim
      > since they are the same thing.
      >
      > What do you really want to know?

      I'm guessing that he wants to know if it is normal for a process called
      'Vim' to show up in Activity Monitor.app whenever he launches
      MacVim.app. Or that he wants to know something basically equivalent to
      that.

      The answer is yes. In fact, it is normal (in the sense of "this is how
      it does work and is how it is supposed to work") for there to be *many*
      'Vim' processes to be running while only one "MacVim" appears in
      Activity Monitor.app---if you hit Cmd-N in MacVim a few times, for
      example.

      -gmn