13462Re: Core Text renderer causing square window corners

    Nov 4, 2012
      On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Pete Schaffner wrote:
      > I recently decided to start using the recommended Core Text render, but noticed that it causes the contents of the textview to spill out of the window's bounds and "square off" the window's bottom left and right corners: http://my.irong8.com/image/1U0G013c0g3M/o
      >
      > I am using the latest build (65) on 10.8.2.
      >
      > I know this is kind of a petty issue, but little aesthetic glitches like that always catch my eye! :)
      >
      > I saw in an earlier post that a similar issue was raised for 10.7... but was not quite this drastic: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_mac/-yuYtiGUf_w/discussion

      Looking at that post I can say that I *did* think I knew what the
      issue was but upon debugging I could not reproduce the issue. The
      same thing holds now: I cannot reproduce.

      Right now I'm confused as to how it can even be that the rounded edges
      get "squared off" since MacVim is only drawing within views -- it
      never tries to draw the window itself. Why would drawing inside a
      view cause the window to be painted differently?