13437Re: guifont + lines + colums

  • Bee
    Oct 5, 2012
      > On 5 Oct 2012, at 21:27, Bee <forth@...> wrote:
      > > Keyan wrote:
      > >> i had it in my .vimrc and in my .gvimrc.
      > >> what i have send is from the command mode.
      > >> the line you have posted does not work for me. i use
      > >>
      > >> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Sep 1 2012 01:05:49)
      > >> MacOS X (unix) version
      > >> Included patches: 1-604
      > >
      > > Try this in .gvimrc, remove the reference to guifont
      > >
      > > set lines=30 columns=80
      > >
      > > Does that work?
      > removed set guifont from .gvimrc, and I have none in the .vimrc. added set lines=30 colums=80 in the last line of my .gvimrc and it did not work, because i have set fu. if i remove this option, it works. i like to use vim in full-screen mode by default, so that is why i forgot to add that important information. sorry for that.
      > the initial :set command that i posted works fine in non-fullscreen mode. i use the build-in fullscreen method, not the mac os version of fullscreen, because i like to see the output (e.g. latex) on the second screen.
      > cheers,
      > Keyan

      :help fullscreen
      Note: Setting 'fullscreen' usually changes the size of the Vim
      control. However, for technical reasons, 'lines' and 'columns'
      will currently only be updated when Vim runs its event loop. As
      a consequence, if you set 'fullscreen' and 'lines' or 'columns'
      in a Vim script file, you should always set 'fullscreen' after
      setting 'lines' and 'columns', else 'lines' and 'columns' will
      be overwritten with the values 'fullscreen' sets after the
      script has been executed and the event loop is ran again.

      Also see:
      :help fuoptions