13421Re: Cannot get alloy's MacVim to work on OSX 10.7.4

  • Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
    Sep 14, 2012
      Thanks guys,

      I ended up reverting to vanilla MacVim, which compiles and runs fine under the same circumstances. I'm using command-t, but I removed it from my bundles when trying to run Alloy's MacVim, but got the same error. I'll get back to it perhaps, someday, as I'm curious on the FileBrowser integration, which I think could be a nice addition.

      Thanks,

      - Marcelo.

      On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
      On Sep 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM -0500, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
      Any ideas?

      For what it's worth, I've manually compiled MacVim in the past on 10.7 using rvm.  I never seemed to have too much of a problem with it.  More recently I've switched to installing MacVim using homebrew, which defaults to using the default install of Ruby.  Since I'm not much of a Ruby developer, it doesn't bother me too much that MacVim is linked to an older version of Ruby.

      Are you using something like Command-T?  If that's compiled with a different version of Ruby with respect to whatever MacVim is linked to, you get funny startups.  Crashes essentially, but the GUI is still responsive - you never get editor windows, but you can interact with the OS X menus just fine.