13419Re: Cannot get alloy's MacVim to work on OSX 10.7.4

  • Tim Gray
    Sep 14, 2012
      On Sep 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM -0500, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
      >Any ideas?

      For what it's worth, I've manually compiled MacVim in the past on 10.7
      using rvm. I never seemed to have too much of a problem with it. More
      recently I've switched to installing MacVim using homebrew, which
      defaults to using the default install of Ruby. Since I'm not much of a
      Ruby developer, it doesn't bother me too much that MacVim is linked to
      an older version of Ruby.

      Are you using something like Command-T? If that's compiled with a
      different version of Ruby with respect to whatever MacVim is linked to,
      you get funny startups. Crashes essentially, but the GUI is still
      responsive - you never get editor windows, but you can interact with the
      OS X menus just fine.