13411Cannot get alloy's MacVim to work on OSX 10.7.4

  • Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
    Sep 11, 2012
      Hello everyone,

      I'm trying to migrate to Alloy's MacVim (the one with the added native Cocoa FileBrowser - found here: https://github.com/alloy/macvim) on OSX Lion. To build it, I used this homebrew formula:

      https://github.com/joelcogen/homebrew-macvimsplitbrowser

      It built successfully, but I just can't get it to run. When I try opening it using "open" or by double-clicking the app bundle, it just appears in the doc, but no window is shown.

      When I tried to run the binary directly from the command line, by cd'ing into Contents/MacOS, I got this:

      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.

      Does anyone know why this happens and hopefully a solution to it?

      Thanks in advance,

      - Marcelo.