13364Re: Disabling/changing cmd-P

  • Tim Johnson
    Aug 23, 2012
      * björn <bjorn.winckler@...> [120823 07:11]:
      > > I've recently started using vim on Mac OSX lion.
      > > I really don't like the cmd-P mapping to start a print job, because
      > > I use cmd-[ for application switch and being a bit of a clutz I
      > > annoy myself by hitting the 'p' instead.
      > >
      > > 1)How can I disable cmd-P ?
      >
      > Try adding the following line to your ~/.gvimrc file (create it if it
      > doesn't already exists):
      >
      > macmenu File.Print key=<nop>
      >
      > For more information see ":h :macmenu" and ":h cmd-key".
      [blush] Amending the previous .... I haven't had all of my coffee
      yet. I had placed those instructions in .gvimrc and sourced and
      also executed those instructions from ex to no avail, but when I
      shut gvim down entirely and restarted - the menu action is now
      disabled. Great!

      However, now cmd-p is is paste (as in p), can I disable that?
      thanks (more coffee and reading more)
      --
      Tim
      http://www.akwebsoft.com