13337Re: Bug: MacVim shows no window when build with the new Xcode 4.4 release

  • Nico Weber
    Aug 3, 2012
      On Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:56:56 PM UTC-7, Manpreet Singh wrote:
      > The Xcode 4.4 release of a few days ago on Mac Lion (10.7.4) creates MacVim builds which can't create an edit window. vim works fine, gvim just refuses to create a window no matter what you try. But it thinks it has created the window because when you try to quit it, it warns you about open windows. Please see
      > https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/13657
      > for multiple reports of this issue.

      I debugged an issue with the same symptoms a while ago. It happened when I ran `make` (which builds vim) with a different compiler than xcodebuild (which builds MacVim). Maybe 4.4 uses clang by default for the MacVim build -- in that case, run `CC=clang ./configure; make -j6` to build the corresponding vim binary. Make sure both vim and MacVim are built with the same compiler.