13325Re: Two green diamonds in the dock

  • dv1445@wayne.edu
    Jul 23, 2012
      björn, on 07/23/12 at 20:29:15 +0200, wrote:
      > On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM, wrote:
      > > I don't know if this is a bug, or even if it is, whether it's a bug
      > > in MacVim, but it is of interest. To reproduce:
      > >
      > > Expected behavior: the MacVim gui launches, and the Terminal waits
      > > until you're done with the Gui.
      > >
      > > Acutal behavior: Like the expected behavior, except for two things.
      > > First, a second instance of MacVim is activated, so that the Dock
      > > has two green diamond icons in it---the message you are now
      > > composing (or the manpage you are looking at) is within this second
      > > instance of MacVim.
      >
      > It sounds to me like you have two versions of MacVim.app on your hard
      > drive. This causes problems because Mac OS X happily opens any one of
      > them at random (even if they are buried deep inside a build
      > directory).

      No, sorry, I don't have more than one version on my Mac. Indeed, this
      is not the case on any of my Macs, which run 10.4, 10.5, and 10.7.

      I *did*, on one of these Macs, have a symbolic link to MacVim.app
      somewhere. But I deleted it and restarted the machine, and still I get
      the same error message and two green diamonds.

      -gmn