13323Re: Two green diamonds in the dock

    Jul 23, 2012
      On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM, wrote:
      > I don't know if this is a bug, or even if it is, whether it's a bug in MacVim,
      > but it is of interest. To reproduce:
      > Expected behavior: the MacVim gui launches, and the Terminal waits until
      > you're done with the Gui.
      > Acutal behavior: Like the expected behavior, except for two things.
      > First, a second instance of MacVim is activated, so that the Dock has two green
      > diamond icons in it---the message you are now composing (or the manpage you are
      > looking at) is within this second instance of MacVim.

      It sounds to me like you have two versions of MacVim.app on your hard
      drive. This causes problems because Mac OS X happily opens any one of
      them at random (even if they are buried deep inside a build

      Search for "MacVim.app" and delete all app bundles except for the one
      that you keep in /Applications.