13293Re: Unicode matchpairs not possible?

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jul 5, 2012
      On Jul 3, 6:14 pm, Axel Kielhorn <v...@...> wrote:
      > Am 03.07.2012 um 14:17 schrieb Tony Mechelynck:
      >
      > > It is documented under ":help 'matchpairs'":
      >
      > > "Currently only single byte character pairs are allowed, and they must
      > > be different".
      >
      > Thanks, I somehow missed that.
      >
      > Maybe I should transform » and « to >> and << while editing and convert it back when writing the file. It's easier to type that way, which is another bonus.
      >
      > Axel

      Maybe you could, but in that case beware that having unpaired less-
      than and greater-than signs (as in mathematics) will confuse Vim when
      trying to find the mate of a << or >> marker. And of course you won't
      be able to use << for "much less than" and >> for "much greater than"
      or similar.

      Best regards,
      Tony.