13281Re: Compiling MacVim

  • Eric Weir
    Jun 19, 2012
      On Jun 18, 2012, at 3:03 PM, Chip Warden wrote:

      > Are you using a package manager on OS X (like MacPorts or Homebrew)? If so, the easiest way to compile MacVim is to use the package manager's tools and options. I use Homebrew, and thus compiling MacVim looks like this:
      >
      > $ brew install macvim --HEAD --custom-icons --override-system-vim
      >
      > I run this command every month or so and I am guaranteed to have the most up-to-date MacVim and Vim (really, MacVim is a GUI interface to standard Vim -- not taking anything away from Bjorn's awesome work).
      >
      > I realized this adds an extra level of software to the process, but using a package manager makes compiling things so much easier.

      Thanks, Chip. No, I haven't been using a package manager. Once in seeking help on the Apple forums---I don't remember what the issue was---I was admonished to avoid them---don't remember the reason give either. Have any idea what that's all about?

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
      we borrow it from our children."

      - Chief Seattle.