13262Re: MacVIM help?
- Jun 14, 2012On Jun 14, 8:05 am, Jason Slack-Moehrle <slackmoeh...@...>
> I am trying to create a macVim environment that allows files whenThis works well to open files from the command line:
> double clicked from the Finder and opened via a command-line to be
> opened in MacVim in tabs.
> I have in my .vimrc:
> and in my .bash_profile:
> alias mvim="open -a "/Applications/MacVim-snapshot-64/MacVim.app""
> In MacVim prefs I have checked: Open files from applications: in the
> current window
> as well as the pop-up below as: with a tab for each file.
> I am still getting separate windows.
> Can anyone provide advice?
alias mvim='open -a macvim "$@"'
To have Finder open files with double click:
- find a file of the type (extension) you want to open in Finder
- in Finder highlight the file
- use "Finder > File > Get Info" --or-- command+I
- click the triangle next to "Open With"
- select MacVim, you may need to navigate using "Other..."
- finally select "Change All"
Then all files with that same extension will open with MacVim
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>