13261Re: MacVIM help?

    Jun 14, 2012
      On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Jason Slack-Moehrle wrote:

      > I have in my .vimrc:
      >
      > tabs=true

      This is not a valid command. What did you intend to do?

      > and in my .bash_profile:
      >
      > alias mvim="open -a "/Applications/MacVim-snapshot-64/MacVim.app""

      This is also a bit strange. Usually "mvim" refers to the script that
      comes bundled with MacVim (see ":h mvim").

      > In MacVim prefs I have checked: Open files from applications: in the
      > current window
      > as well as the pop-up below as: with a tab for each file.
      >
      > I am still getting separate windows.

      I can just say the same as Tim: this preference works fine for me.
      Maybe you should try going through the troubleshooting guide:

      https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting