13241Re: weird behavior with .f90 and .F90 files

  • René Köcher
    Jun 11, 2012
      Am Montag, 11. Juni 2012 um 21:29 schrieb Srinath:
      > Bumping since I never got a response.
      >
      > Do this:
      >
      > mvim foo.F
      >
      > type: foo.F in file (save and close).
      >
      > mvim foo.f
      >
      > type: foo.f in file (save and close)
      >

      > then run mvim -d foo.F foo.f
      >
      > These are 2 different files, but only the first loads.
      Provided you're not actually on a HFSX Volume (which IIRC is still not the default) foo.F and foo.f are *one and the same*.
      The default HFS+ is case-preserving which allows you to use upper- and lowercase letters in filenames but also will compare
      them case-insensitive (thus foo.F == foo.f).

      Cheers,

      --
      To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower,
      hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.