12839Re: $PATH

  • Peter Palmreuther
    Nov 4, 2011
      On Friday, November 4, 2011 2:30:18 AM UTC+1, Caleb Eggensperger wrote:
      :let works great, thanks!

      Good to hear.

      I hadn't tried logging out and back in with the environment.plist method,

      As it's only evaluated on login, this explains why you haven't seen any effect.

      but that would have been an imperfect solution anyway, since I don't see an obvious way to concatenate something onto the end of my path (rather than just replacing it).

      Correct. 'environment.plist' is no scripted or dynamic configuration instance. But for setting other environment variables to a fixed value, intended to be valid and present across all user processes it's a pretty good location to keep in mind, because all processes inherit environment defined there, while not all evaluate (directly or indirectly) '.profile' et al.