12837Re: $PATH

  • Peter Palmreuther
    Nov 3, 2011
      On Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:10:09 PM UTC+1, Caleb Eggensperger wrote:
      What is the recommended way to edit the $PATH that MacVim uses for things like equalprg and !commands?

      I don't know if that's the "recommended way", but it should work:
      In '~/.vimrc' insert something like

      let $PATH=$PATH.':xyz'

      I've tried everything I could find by searching (short of editing /etc/paths, which isn't an option as I don't have administrator privs on this machine). I tried adding a .MacOSX/environment.plist, but that didn't change anything.

      Have you logged out and back in after modifying .MacOSX/environment.plist? I've set other environment variables using this file and they're as expected within MacVim.
      So I'd assume a changed PATH would be too.

      Regards,

      Peter