12832Re: Menu item commands

    Nov 2, 2011
      On 2 November 2011 16:32, Rafael wrote:

      > I've been using MacVim for a while now, and I am always discovering
      > new commands. Today I ran through a old webpage, showing a GVim in
      > linux: http://static.arstechnica.com/vim0509/gvim_ars.png
      >
      > Is it possible to have MacVim displaying the commands after the menu
      > item like in this snapshot? It would be a nice way to remember the
      > commands I insist in forgetting...

      Unfortunately the Cocoa menu-related APIs do not let you choose what
      to display on the right in a menu item. It could be done by writing a
      customized NSMenuItem class but I have not attempted to implement this
      myself. (Patches are welcome, of course.)

      Note though that if you hover the mouse over a menu item for a couple
      of seconds a tooltip will pop up displaying the command.